Monday, March 19, 2012

A Little Crafty

Growing up my mother was always working on a craft project. She was either painting or making hair bows or sewing or scrap booking. I have limited time and limited skills, but every now and then I get a desire to create something.

A few months ago we successfully completed adding a half bath in the house but the walls are still white. We've not done the first thing to try to decorate. After spending too much time trying to figure out what I wanted to do I finally came up with an idea and just went with it.

I gave the boys some blank paper and a set of water color paints and told them to have fun. After I had collected about thirty original pieces of art I got to work.

With a pair of scissors, a big blank canvas, and a bottle of decoupage I was able to create this amazing piece of original art for the bathroom.


And some close up pictures...




I just love it. It was so easy to make and now I have a great piece that preserves the boys art work!

1 comment: