Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Parents

Today my parents celebrate their 36th Wedding Anniversary.

My parents have been an amazing example of how marriage really works. Through my parents example I've seen that marriage isn't always the fairy tale, life is always wonderful, picture that sometimes gets depicted on television and in the movies. Marriage is about two people who love each other coming together and deciding that they want to spend their days together. I know that my parents sometimes have their differences and sometimes fight, but they love each other.

Sometimes marriage is a daily choice; and sometimes you have years that are easy and wonderful. Marriages last because you cannot ever imagine your life without your spouse. My mother cannot imagine her life without my dad. I cannot image my life without Ed.

So, thank you mom and dad. I hope that in 2039 Ed and I are celebrating our 36th wedding anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment