Thursday, September 8, 2011

Choices and Decisions

Life has been a little bit hectic for me the last couple of weeks.

Actually, life has been a little hectic for my family the last couple of weeks.

The start of 2nd grade for Owen is not going as well as we had expected. He went from being an A/B student last year to one that gets deficiency notices this year. It's frustrating to know what we should not be making a big deal about and what we should actually be concerned about. I've been very happy with Owen's progress in school up until this year and now I'm very annoyed. What has happened since 1st grade ended and 2nd grade started? He seems like the same child to me but academically it's like he's two different kids.

I've got a conference with his teacher tomorrow morning but I'm not too confident that I'll get the answers I'm looking for.

And now to completely change subjects, Ed and I are dealing with some big "family" decisions on the horizon. It's so hard to know what's the best thing for your family. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed just making a decision that only effects me, but when I think about making a decision that could affect my entire family it gets much more confusing. The "gray" area seems to multiple when I think that any decision I make could literally impact the remainder of the boys' life. When I start to think about the impact of my decisions on my extended family I almost feel paralyzed.

Sometimes I wish I could look into a crystal ball and know that the choices I am making are the right ones - not only for me but also for my family.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment