Monday, November 22, 2010

My Health

I've had a little bit of a health scare the last two weeks. Without going into too much detail I'm now temporarily paralyzed on the left side of my face. It's been quite a struggle for my family and I. I was in the hospital for a few days and I was confronted with the most helpless feeling I can remember in quite some time. The boys had a hard time understanding what was wrong with mommy. My husband had a hard time being both mom and dad all of the time. I am still having a little bit of a problem knowing that I'm vulnerable.


At the end of the day, it could have been much worse. I was out of work for only a week. The doctor's think that I will heal okay over time without surgery as long as the medication does it's job. I have a lot to be thankful for, but it's still a very scary experience. As a mother I want to protect my children from all possible moments of hurt, but I can't always protect them. Hearing my oldest cry on the phone while I was lying in a hospital bed is not a memory that will fade quickly. So, as I look forward to this Thanksgiving Day, I'm going to take a few extra moments to really appreciate all that I have in my life, and to appreciate the joy that my sons and my husband bring to me. I know that this life goes much faster than I sometimes want it to, so it's nice to be reminded that we all have many reasons to be thankful.

1 comment:

  1. Scary indeed! I hope the medicine is swift and thorough in its healing. I am so glad you've started this blog. You've always been a great writer and I cant wait to see what the Grega's are up to.

    ReplyDelete