Monday, December 13, 2010

My December - So Far

When I was in college the Counting Crows were one of my favorite bands. Tonight I was thinking about their song called "Long December" and find the title somewhat ironic. To me it seems like the holiday season keeps passing by more and more quickly. I wonder how anyone could ever think of this month as "long". I know this has little to do with the actual song, but it was on my mind.

The first two weeks of this month have passed much more quickly than I had hope. The day after Thanksgiving we bought our tree and decorated it over the course of the weekend. This year we had a little extra room for a tree so Ed made sure to buy the biggest one possible.


When I was growing up each year my mom purchased a special ornament for my sisters and I. The ornament always had a meaning for something that was important to us at that time in our life. One year I was in love with the circus, so I have a circus themed ornament. One year I was a cheerleader for the Lions, so I have a lion ornament. I got a Florida State ornament the first year I was in college. Decorating my Christmas tree every year brings back a flood of memories that I cherish dearly. This is a tradition that I've started for my boys as well. This year the boys each got Rudolph ornaments because they are in love with reindeer.



After the tree we decorated the rest of the living room.



I would normally decorate more but we are still in the process of remodeling our kitchen. I want to limit the amount of stuff that requires cleaning after reach drywall sanding.

Most of my shopping is now done. My presents that need to be shipped are now in the mail. I have to work this week but I'm off the week before Christmas. I've got a few fun things planned for the boys. I hope I am able to take some time to just enjoy my friends and family and not feel the hectic rush which is an all too familiar feeling this time of year. The holidays are suppose to be a time of celebrating with family and friends but often we keep ourselves so busy that we don't have time to just ENJOY the moment. Hopefully this will not be the case for us this year.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment