Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My Winter Vacation

I was able to take the week off work and have been having a great time at home with the boys. Over the weekend we did a little bit of yard work.


At one point Owen was actually in tears because I wouldn't let him have the big rake. He's such a great helper. I really hope his desire to help around the house continues as he gets older.


We were able to get the tile back splash in the kitchen installed. It looks amazing and I am so happy with our progress thus far. (Ed's going to work on the grout tomorrow but you definitely get the feel from the below pictures.)


Owen has turned into a great little kitchen helper. He did a great job with the ginger bread house.


And we had a blast baking cookies this afternoon.


Today was also a very exciting day for Ellis. He used the big potty for the very first time. We have been telling him he could open a present if he would use the potty. Here is a picture of him in his big boy underwear and his prize (it's the robot Sparks from the movie Toy Story 3).


These may seem like small moments, but for me, it's the little things in life that I cherish more than anything else. We have had a great time this week just being together as a family. At the end of the day, during this time of year, it's really just about being able to spend time with the ones that you love, and for me, that's all about my family.


1 comment: