Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The 2 Busiest Weeks of My Year

The last two weeks of May are always the busiest of the year for me. In two weeks I get to celebrate the birth of four amazing people in my life.

May 16th marks the birth of my one and only niece Kayleigh. She turned 11 yesterday. I can remember when she was born while I was still in college. She's an amazing young lady and the closest thing I'll ever have to a daughter. My mom has some really cute pictures of Kayleigh on her blog.

Today, May 17th, we get to celebrate my husband's birthday. I did the math today and this is the 14th birthday of his that we have spent together. It's amazing how time seems to be flying by these day.



One of my favorite birthdays that I spent with Ed was when he turned 23. It was the year after college and we were living in L.A. We were broke and in love and spent the evening celebrating with his mom and sister. We went to dinner at a restaurant on the beach in Malibu. While we were eating a young couple got engaged at the table next to us. The guy got down on one knee and pulled out a ring. They celebrated with champagne and everyone in the restaurant cheered. I remember looking at the newly engaged couple and thinking, "I want that." Ten months later we were living in Atlanta and engaged and we got married six months after that. When I think about it now the time between that birthday in LA and our wedding seem so far apart, but really a lot changed in those short sixteen months.

Five short days after my husbands birthday my oldest son Owen celebrates his birthday.


Five days after Owen's birthday we celebrate my youngest son Ellis' birthday!


I'll be very busy the next several days celebrating all of these wonderful birthdays!

1 comment: