Monday, May 9, 2011

It's the Little Things

For years I have been telling my husband that he can show me that he loves me without spending lots of money. He doesn't have the best track record when it comes to special holidays and anniversaries, but for Mother's Day he hit a home run.

Friday when I got home from work I had a beautiful bouquet of flowers waiting for me. Ellis was so excited that he got to buy me flowers.

Saturday I did some work in our back yard. We're currently cleaning up under our deck so that we can lay down some wood chips and hang a hammock. I had purchased a hammock earlier so Ed hung it up for me Saturday afternoon. I'm looking forward to many, many, many relaxing hours in the hammock.

Sunday morning they boys and I woke up earlier. My husband normally sleeps in on the weekends but Sunday he got right up and told everyone to get dressed. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and I love being treated to breakfast. We had a nice meal at one of our local favorite spots.

After dinner we stopped off at the gas station and Ed filled  my car up with gas. In my mind nothing says I love you like putting gas in someone's car.

When we got home Ed and the boys decided to wash my car for me. I wish I would have taken a picture. They looked so cute working together. It was tough to stay inside and let them "work" but I managed to find something on television to watch.

While Ellis took his nap I decided to go to the Farmer's Market to pick up some groceries for the week. Ed suggested that I leave Owen at home. I know it sounds strange but I NEVER get to go grocery shopping by myself. It was so nice to walk around the store and not fuss at the boys constantly.

We had a lazy afternoon around the house. I didn't really feel like making dinner so we picked something very kid friendly - hot dogs and mac and cheese. It reminded me of a dinner from my childhood so somehow it was fitting.

After dinner I got control of the remote!

It really is the little things.

I hope all the mom's out there had an amazing Mother's Day! I know I'm feeling especially blessed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment